Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 416-8X mods

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member just me now's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have been watching the auctions recently and have noticed that apparently some tweakers have modded teh 416 series woofers by cutting out the little screen in the middle of them...

    Am I seeing what I think I am seeing? what is the supposed purpose for this mod? Is it advisable?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Russellc's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2003
    Posts
    113
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No. I have seen people cut the screens out of the high frequency drivers. I can see some argument for doing it to the high frequency drivers. I have bought them both ways, don't really notice any difference. I can't imagine that cutting them out of the woofers vent holes would make any difference, and they keep cat hair out.

    Russellc

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    Some people think they can hear the front vented Altec speakers (like the 515's, 416's, 414's, etc.) whoosh a little at high excursion.

    Though some say they can hear it in nearfield monitoring environments, for me, personally, it's not an issue for me - the only way I ever heard it was to stick my head in an A7 bass flare when it was playing loud (not adviseable).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.